Friday, December 6, 2013

Design Critic

This was a project for graphic design in which we were asked to critic an art work using different graphic design terms:
The first things that attract my attention were the different geometric shapes that this design has. I mean I can see two rectangles side ways, circles and what it looks to appear like a pointing arrow. I also can see some biometric shapes were the shape has a more curb line than the geometric one.  The petals of the flower are biometric shapes and also the feathers located on the four corners of the poster are also biometric shapes.  A line and contrast play also a big role on the design was in my opinion line was used to create the contrast. Also with in the contras the value appears on the small petal of the flower but also on the big ones. What am seeing also is consistency on the use of repetition with the out side pattern and the inside, the background. Balance is also there because I can see that both sides are equally the same, same form, shape, line everything is well balance.  Lastly is Unity or Harmony, were the design transmits that harmony or that unity on which all parts belong there. I like every aspect of that particular poster specially the use of geometric and biometric shapes and the use o repletion, very nice work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment